Wildlife Holidays in Slovenia
In Southern Slovenia, we can visit very different areas while we stay at a single accommodation. In the low mountains where we live, we will show you forests, marshland, species rich meadows, dry karstic areas and the mysterious underground world of caves. Wherever we go, we adapt our pace to your wishes: nature photography, hiking and simply enjoying the landscape are all part of our programs.
In 2016, we first organized our nature tours in which we show the diversity of Slovenia and indeed, a representative part of the diversity of central Europe! Your guide on these tours is Paul Veenvliet, a Dutch biologist who is living in Slovenia. He knows the area well and speaks Dutch, English, Slovenian and German.
We specialize in tours for small groups of up to 8 participants. For larger groups, we make sure that additional guides accompany us.
In 2018, we offer specialized nature tours in Slovenia in cooperation with:
In 2018, we are independently organising three tours: the Amphibian, Reptile and Fish Study Tour, the Wild Orchid Tour and the Grasshopper Study Tour, which are open for everyone interested and which can be booked directly through us.
A new Grasshopper and Locust study tour is in preparation and will be held 17-24 July 2018! Information on this tour will be uploaded in the coming weeks.
- we know the region of Southern Slovenia very well;
- we prepare and guide our own programs;
- we are both biologists with good field knowledge and we are licenced local guides for the Green Karst region;
- we can guide in English and Slovenian (Jana and Paul), Dutch and German languages (Paul);
- we cooperate with local tourism providers and biology experts;
- as an NGO and a social enterprise, we use profits from our tours to carry out nature conservation and education projects in Slovenia.